Important information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We’re still open in both stores and still delivering until further notice from the government, but we are however closed to the public.
(Latest update: 13/02/2021)
- As Irish Government guidelines dictate, we are classed as essential and will remain open during this time. All deposits and scheduled deliveries are safe.
- Face masks MUST be worn in our stores. Please do not take offence if our staff ask you to put on a face mask should you arrive in store without one. We understand that some people are exempt on medical grounds, but if you explain this to our staff we can accommodate you without having to ask any questions about medical conditions, so again, please do not take any offence at this. We merely have a duty of care to our colleagues and other customers.
- We are currently working on reduced opening hours of 9am-6pm Mondays to Saturdays and closed on Sundays, but we hope to get back to our usual opening hours soon.
- Due to very low availability of stock, we will try to get you the items you like, but if they are unavailable please bear with us as we are at the mercy of the dates that manufacturers are giving us. Most of our items are in stock, but there may be an item you like that may take longer for us to get for you. Our staff will advise you of any such items before purchase to allow you to make the best decision for your needs.
- We continue to operate as normal, but due to the current climate, our delivery times maybe longer than usual, but please bear with us, we’ll get your orders to you as quickly as possible.
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram which is where we’ll mostly share our updates on the moving situation.
- You can also contact the store via email and telephone should you have any questions about items on the website
Update on our delivery service on big items
The safety of our staff and customers is always our top priority, but we’re taking extra precautions due to the latest government advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For delivery of large items (Washing Machines, Fridge Freezers, Large Appliances, etc.):
- Our delivery drivers continue to deliver to customer’s homes, and we’ve provided all of our drivers with antibacterial gel and cleaning wipes which must be used before and after every delivery. Please do not take any offence at our drivers wishing to wash their hands.
- If anyone in your household is self-isolating because of potential exposure, to protect yourself and our staff we will only deliver to your front door.
- Our drivers will call you on the day of your delivery. Let us know if you would prefer a ‘contact free’ delivery to your front door or garage.
- We’re experiencing very high demand, it’s therefore more important than ever to let us know if you’re not able to receive your delivery so we can reallocate your slot to another customer.
- If our staff in store give you a rough date for delivery we will adhere to honour that date, however please be prepared that if drivers feel that your delivery would be best suited to a different day due to your area, they will phone and ask. Please help us out where possible by being flexible with your dates.
- Our delivery drivers are following the latest government advice to self-isolate should they experience any symptoms of Coronavirus. This means that some deliveries may be changed last minute – we’re obviously working hard to make sure this doesn’t happen and to look after the health of our drivers, so please bear with us.
Update on our delivery service for small items
Our courier partners (An Post, Nightline, etc.) have all updated their delivery processes to take extra precautions due to Coronavirus. Please follow the below advice:
- Smaller items, (kettles toasters, etc.) can be posted out via standard post
- We will adhere to send our items as soon as possible after your order, but please note that deliveries will be out of our hands from that point and we cannot advise on a delivery date during the current situation.
- Where possible we will be able to provide you with a tracking number upon request.
To see the courier partner for your delivery, please check your dispatch confirmation email (which will also include your tracking reference).
We hope that there will be minimal disruptions during this time, but please bear with us and we will continue to provide the same level of customer service that Callaghans Electrical is famous for.