TERMS & CONDITIONS
Representation of goods and services listed on www.callaghanselecgtrical.com do not constitute an offer to sale, rather an invitation to treat as stated in the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.
Callaghans Electrical reserves the right to cancel an order for any reason. Reasons may include but are not limited to:
- Fraudulent activity
- Incorrect Pricing
- Incorrect Description
- Stock Availability
Items listed online and in store as ‘Available As Special Order’ must be paid for in full before the order is placed. We will advise you of an estimated wait time on these products, however delivery times for us to receive your order in to store are outside of our control and these estimated times can often run longer than expected.
Any items listed online and in store as ‘Available As Special Order’ are ordered for you and may well be items we don’t usually keep in stock, so if you agree to the terms of ordering any special order items in, the order is final once fully paid and cannot be refunded.
Callaghans Electrical reserves the right to cancel any special order for any reason. Reasons may include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturers discontinuing a model
- Fraudulent activity
- Incorrect Pricing
- Incorrect Description
- Stock Availability
- Default pricing is showing in Euro(€)
- If using a card in any other currency then Euro, please note that currency exchange rates my differ slightly from day to day, and could change between the time of purchase and the time the money leaves your account depending on your bank. Callaghans Electrical hold no control over what your bank may charge you.
- All pricing is inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT)
- All pricing, unless explicitly stated, excludes cost of delivery
- All prices shown on www.callaghanselectrical.com are exclusive to online only and may vary in Callaghans Electrical stores.
- If a price shown on www.callaghanselectrical.com is accidently inaccurate or has changed without having been updated on the website, we reserve the right to issue a full refund. Should this happen, we will be in contact with you regarding your purchase.
- You agree to pay the stated price at time of purchasing via www.callaghanselectrical.com
- Pricing may change on a daily basis
- Prices shown online may change in store if a large quote is required. Prices given as part of a quote are only valid when purchased as part of the whole quote. If you require a quote, please use the ‘Request A Quote’ option on the website or call in to store.
- Prices given in store on a quote are only valid until the date shown at the bottom of the page.
- Please note that although Callaghans Electrical are affiliated with the Euronics Group, any prices or items shown in Euronics flyers or on euronics.ie may well differ from prices in store. We may not be able to match prices or stock due to Euronics.ie being a separate entity from callaghanselectrical.com and Callaghans Electrical stores.
- Callaghans Electrical reserves the right to cancel or change an order under the following conditions:
- A clear and obvious error on price has been shown on the website
- A clear and obvious error on description has been shown on the website
- Callaghans Electrical will communicate any issue with you directly
- Payment can be made using all major credit cards & debit cards
- We also accept payment via PayPal
- Full payment is taken at the time of ordering using these methods
- Receipts are issues via email upon acceptance of your order
- Payment is also accepted upon delivery of your items
- If the Payment On Delivery option is chosen, payments must be made in full to the driver before any items have been unloaded.
- Payment on Delivery is accepted via Cash or by card, whereby the driver will phone the store with your card details
- If paying by Cash On Delivery, please have as close to the exact money ready for the driver as our vans don’t carry cash for change, in which case the driver will not be able to take payment and this may be regarded as a non-payment
Callaghans Electrical Gift Cards can be purchased in store or online via THIS LINK.
The terms and conditions listed below govern the use of your Callaghans Electrical Gift Card. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. By using the card you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below:
- The card can be used as full or part payment. No change or refund will be given; any remaining balance can be used against future purchases.
- Callaghans Electrical Gift Cards cannot be reloaded or topped up.
- Cards can be redeemed in stores, or online at callaghanselectrical.com as full or part payment towards our products or services.
- The amount of credit added or deducted and the card’s balance will be shown on the till receipt for in store redemptions.
- To check the balance on your card, call the store on (+353) 07491 28631. Alternatively, present your card in store where a member of the store team can check your balance for you.
- Callaghans Electrical Gift Cards have no expiry date, but no reminders can be given to use your card
- Protect the card and treat it as cash. No liability is accepted for lost or stolen cards or any credit amounts.
- Transactions may only take place when the card or 16-digit code is presented.
- The card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, store or charge card.
- The card cannot be exchanged for cash.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions or discontinue the card at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Callaghans Electrical (potentially via delivery & fulfilment partners depending on appliance) will adhere to deliver your order to any address within the Republic of Ireland or the UK. Please see our delivery information for pricing & time frames.
Delivery is subject to the following terms:
- The delivery partner receiving a signature upon delivery
- Failed delivery may apply in the event that:
- You cancel your order after the goods have been dispatched from our warehouse
- You provide insufficient / incorrect information resulting in us being unable to deliver your product
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle
- There is nobody at the requested address to accept the delivery
- Payment On Delivery regulations have not been met
- The driver is refused access to the property via the entrance that they deem wide enough for the appliance
- Whilst our delivery drivers will be happy to wheel goods into an unobstructed room, we take no liability to damage incurred while delivering.
- Please check all item codes against your receipt, preferably whilst the driver is still there, to check for any mistakes that may have been made so we can rectify them as soon as possible. If there are any mistakes, please notify us within 2 days of receiving your items.
- Upon delivery, you take sole duty of care for the goods. In the event that you or a third party transport the goods to an alternative address, we cannot be held responsible for any damages.
The following terms apply in relation to damaged or faulty goods:
- If your goods are damaged or faulty, we will replace the goods free of charge. However, if a replacement is not in stock, we will advise of wait time.
- If you do not want a replacement, you may have to wait until we are back in the area next to collect the item from you.
- Do not install damaged goods. This counts as acceptance of the goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of delivery
- In the event that goods are received in a damaged state please retain the product together with any packaging and contact us within 48 hours of receipt with photographic evidence.
- In the case of an item being faulty we may require an inspection by a manufacturer’s qualified engineer to be carried out on the item in the location where it is installed. This is so the nature of the fault can be ascertained before we can arrange for a replacement.
- Should a replacement appliance be granted, we cannot cover the cost of installing the new appliance as installation wasn’t included in the original sale price.
- Some manufacturers will request the return of the faulty appliance back to them. If this is the case, we will ask for the faulty appliance to be disconnected and pulled out before the new one is delivered so that it can be collected. We cannot deliver the new appliance without collecting the faulty appliance at the same time.
- Any cost of returning faulty items will be at the cost of the end user.
- Any items purchased from euronics.ie cannot be returned in store to Callaghans Electrical
The following terms apply in relation to unwanted goods:
- Do not open, install or use unwanted goods. This counts as acceptance of goods and the goods are then non-refundable and non-returnable
- You have a statutory right to return unopened goods purchased from Callaghans Electrical up to 14 (fourteen) days after purchase (online purchases only). If you are not ordering a replacement item, a charge may be incurred to return the item.
- You must notify us of your wish to return the item within 14 (fourteen) days of purchase, stating the date of delivery
- Any cost of returning unwanted goods will be at the cost of the end user.
- In the case where the sales adviser has stated that your item is a special order item, this is an item that we don’t keep in stock and has been ordered specifically for you. Such items cannot be refused once the order has been placed, so please double check your sizes etc. before agreeing to purchase. Should you still need to cancel special order items, a charge may be incurred.
- You may return your goods by your own means to Callaghans Electrical, Letterkenny Retail Park, Co. Donegal or by requesting collection by us
- If you request collection, a fee may be incurred and the goods will be collected as the soonest available time
- You have a duty of care while the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period
- We reserve the right to apply a re-packaging fee or re-stocking fee at the store’s discretion to the goods returned under the following conditions:
- The goods received back are as new but incomplete (e.g missing components)
- The returned goods are missing their original packaging, or original packaging is torn or damaged
- The cancellation was requested outside of the 14 day cancellation period
- We do not accept returns and will not provide refunds under the following conditions:
- The goods are in any condition other than ‘as new’
- The goods have been installed and/or used
- Cables and/or components have been cut or terminated
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of the cancellation date depending on payment method
- Any items purchased from euronics.ie cannot be returned in store to Callaghans Electrical
- If requested, we will remove old appliances on a like for like basis upon delivery of your new goods. Please note: old appliances must be disconnected prior to removal by our delivery drivers. Should your appliances not be disconnected prior to the delivery driver arriving, there will be an extra charge for calling back another day to collect the old appliances.
- For small appliances, and TVs under 50”, we may deliver via GLS Ireland or An Post. These companies will not collect old appliances however we accept them in any of our stores or your local WEEE recycling centres.
- It is your responsibility to ensure all personal data is removed or destroyed from computing devices (laptops, smartphones, tablets) prior to recycling with us.
- Local authority civic amenity facilities also take back WEEE and waste batteries free of charge. WEEE and waste battery recycling is free.
- Your local WEEE recycling centre can be found via THIS LINK
All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from source material. We cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions.
The product images shown are as close as possible to the actual product, however some may differ in shade to the actual product. We cannot be held liable for products purchased which are perceived to be the wrong colour. If you need a specific colour and cannot vary, please contact the store and we will be happy to send a photo of a floor display.
We update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- All goods come with a minimum of 12 months Parts & Labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to the following provisions:
- The product has been used solely in accordance with the instruction manual
- The product has been used solely for domestic use in domestic premises
- The product has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer’s service engineers
- Any product that comes with a guarantee over the standard 12 months is subject to registration within 28 days of purchase to avail of the extended guarantee.
- Extended Warranty is sold via the website to extend the Parts & Labour guarantee
- The extended warranty is underwritten by Brightside Cover and administered by IC Frith & Associates
- Refer to all warranty terms & conditions for further information
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. You may not use our site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You may not use our site to disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive threatening, harmful, vulgar obscene or otherwise objectionable material.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Information on our site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Information contained on our site does not constitute an offer to sell goods or services.
- Should advice be required on items list on our website, please contact one of our stores for more information.
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, inflammatory, distasteful, controversial, sexually explicit or which infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected]
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
When entering a competition or giveaway hosted and/or managed by Callaghans Electrical, you agree to the following terms & conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or older as at date of entry and a resident of the Republic of Ireland or UK in order to qualify as the prize winner.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative to non-cash prize elements (either in part or whole).
- Callaghans Electrical’s decision in relation to selection of prize winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of Callaghans Electrical will be final.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, Callaghans Electrical accept no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value (as determined by the Promoter) if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as Callaghans Electrical and/or the promoter(s) may require.
- All competition entries must be received by Callaghans Electrical in the required format before the advertised closing date. Neither Callaghans Electrical nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to Callaghans Electrical promotions; fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or entries which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or other technical malfunction.
- Callaghans Electrical reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
- Neither Callaghans Electrical nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of taking a prize. Nor will Callaghans Electrical have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in any Callaghans Electrical competition or any of the prizes rewarded.
- Prizes not claimed within specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and Callaghans Electrical may dispose of such prizes without any liability to the winner.
- Any person found to be in disregard of these rules will be disqualified automatically
- Callaghans Electrical reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- Participation in Callaghans Electrical competitions denotes acceptance of these terms and conditions and any additional competition specific terms and conditions which may be advertised.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please contact us by emailing [email protected] or by writing to us at the address shown on our store locator page
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.